Taking the first STEP
Walking is one of the most effective forms of exercise. It can be done almost anywhere and it is free! Walking can really boost your weight loss, even if you can only manage a small amount each day so try and fit more walking into your day.
Walking helps to improve your overall health and fitness and is a great way to lose weight, tone your muscles, strengthen your heart and instill a general feeling of well-being and positive self-esteem.
What are the benefits of walking?
- Burns calories
- Helps to boost your metabolism
- Helps to reduce body fat
- Boosts your energy levels
I’m too busy how do I fit more walking into my day?
- Walk for 30 minutes or go out three times for 10 minute stints over the course of a day – they count as the same.
- If you have been physically inactive for a long while start walking gently for ten minutes at a time, increasing to 30 minutes at a good pace.
- Dress for the occasion – proper shoes, ideally well-fitting trainers and comfortable clothes are a must.
- Walking after eating a meal can help boost hormones that suppress appetite, adding to the major benefits you already gain from Zotrim.
- Park your car in the space that is the furthest away and walk to the office.
- If you take the train/bus get off a stop or twoearly and walk the rest of the way.
- The average woman burns around 385 calories, the equivalent of two glasses of wine, trudging around stores each week[i]. As if you need another excuse to hit the shops.
- Get together with like-minded friends. Studies have shown you cover more distance in a given time if you walk in a group. Why not walk with work colleagues at lunchtime?
- At work, don’t take the lift, use the stairs especially if you don’t have far to go.
- If it’s cold and wet outside why not step up and down the stairs or even walk on the spot.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of fluids before, during and after your walk, especially if it’s a warm day.
Being more active when on Zotrim will help you shed those pounds more quickly!